The HOMER Automatic Impedance Analyzer and Matching System integrates Homer Analyzer
and a motorized three-stub tuner (Homer Mototuner) in one compact unit - Homer Autotuner, working under the full-power operating conditions of magnetron-based microwave generators.
The Homer Analyzer part measures both magnitude and phase of reflection coefficient as well as incident, reflected and absorbed powers and frequency. The Homer Mototuner part consists of three stepping-motor-driven capacitive stubs spaced in a waveguide in mutual distances of nominally one quarter of guide wavelength. The tuner uses the data measured by the Analyzer for fast, predictive automatic impedance matching of time-varying loads, e.g. in microwave heating, semiconductor/FDP fabrication and other industrial applications, including plasma.
The system is designed for CW, high-ripple ("Rectified") and pulsed generator power waveforms. Homer comes with its own firmware and documentation. It can work autonomously without any external control or be controlled from an external computer via RS232 or CAN Bus interface.
In case of dusty or hot environment the Homer variant with water-cooled control unit can be used.
A hands-on training course
is offered instructing on all aspects of Homer operation and applications.
|Modes of Power Sampling
|Homer supports three modes of power waveform sampling, named CW, Rectified, and Pulsed.
Rectified and Pulsed modes provide both instantaneous and average values of reflection coefficient and power.
mode is applicable to unmodulated microwave signals with generator power ripple not exceeding 15% of peak value.
mode is designed for slowly pulsing microwave signals (up to about 1000 Hz repetition rate). Such signals are typical for magnetrons powered by transformer power supplies which incorporate simple half-wave or full-wave rectifiers. The mode is also suitable to handle slow-periodicity modulation, such as by mode stirrers.
mode option is intended for sampling fast pulse-modulated microwave signals with pulse widths down to 100 µs and repetition period up to 100 ms.
|HomSoft Windows Control, Visualization and Data Logging Software
|Although designed as a stand-alone system, the HomSoft control, visualization and data logging software significantly expands the system capabilities.
The basic features include:
- Microsoft Windows® environment
- Accurate measurement of complex reflection coefficient and its displaying in various formats, including
- Phase angle
- Return Loss
- Polar Display
- Smith Charts (Z and Y)
- Rieke-Type Chart
- Measurement of incident, reflected, and absorbed power and its displaying in various formats, including watts, decibels, percentage of incident power
- Numerical readout of signal frequency, load reflection coefficient and power in various formats
- Arbitrary shifting of the measurement plane
- Saving measured data as tables (text files) or pictures (BMP, GIF, JPG)
- Periodic data logging of all or some of the measured quantities
- Multiple windows enabling simultaneous observation of various quantities in different formats
- Wide selection of appearances of displayed curves
- Storing and retrieving of complete system settings matched to particular tasks
- Graphical interface for tuner control (manual stub movement, step-by-step/continuous autotuning)
- Prescribed scenario of tuning stub movements
- Extensive on-line help