In 1990, a group of scientists from the Slovak University of Technology at Bratislava (STU), founded the S-TEAM company. The company initially specialized in the research and development of advanced microwave measurement techniques, software, and automated systems. S-TEAM still closely collaborates with STU.
S-TEAM has become a prominent Slovak microwave consulting laboratory, developer of specialized software, and manufacturer of microcomputer-controlled microwave measurement instruments and diverse microwave components. Our focus has progressively shifted from communications to high-power microwave industrial applications. S-TEAM has gradually transformed over time, and and now we are two formally independent companies with different responsibilities: S-TEAM Export and S-TEAM Lab.
S-TEAM Export is responsible solely for the sale of new products.
S-TEAM Lab provides all other functions, including, design, development, production and customer support, such as repair, refurbishment, maintenance, recalibration and consulting.
Our activities and product range are focused on the following main areas:
- HOMER Autotuners: high-power automatic impedance matching systems, and HOMER Analyzers: six-port vector reflectometers; both for
- 900 MHz industrial-scientific-medical (ISM) bands and peak powers up to 100 kW, implemented using the R9 (WR975) waveguide;
- 2.45 GHz ISM band and peak powers up to 30 kW, implemented using the R26 (WR340) waveguide, transformable by means of adapters to other waveguide types or EIA-specification coaxial lines;
- 5.8 GHz ISM band and peak powers up to 2 kW, implemented using the R58 (WR159) waveguide.
- Directional and bidirectional couplers for high-power applications in 900 MHz, 2.45 GHz and 5.8 GHz ISM bands, including
- loop couplers and two-probe couplers designed for commonly used waveguide types (R9, R22, R26, R32) and EIA coaxial lines.
- Low-power microwave detectors operating in 900 MHz, 2.45 GHz and 5.8 GHz ISM bands, including
- standard detectors based on Schottky diodes;
- fast, temperature-stable detectors based on tunnel diodes;
- precision microchip-controlled, Schottky-diode based, SW-linearized and temperature-corrected power sensors.
- Directional and bidirectional detectors that integrate couplers with detectors, including
- directional and bidirectional detectors based on Schottky diodes;
- fast, temperature-stable directional and bidirectional detectors based on tunnel diodes.
- Bidirectional power meters, which are a sophisticated extension of our bidirectional detectors, incorporating a microchip that provides linearization and temperature correction of the output data.
- Development & Design of customized microwave components:
- Including scientific research, development, design, manufacturing and testing.
- Highly qualified, experienced, adaptable personnel (scientists & engineers).
- Command of CST Microwave Studio electromagnetic simulator, SolidWorks CAD 3D-modelling tool. All levels of programming.
- Passive waveguide, coaxial, microstrip components, industrial applicators, plasma.